Attendance is one area that the school is keen to monitor. Whilst many of our students have excellent attendance some are struggling to keep above the required 95% government target. As in previous years we would like to reiterate the following:
- Absence during term time is strongly discouraged - please understand that we do not have any leeway with regard to absences during school term time. Referral to Education Services may be considered where the student has particularly poor attendance; has already been removed from school during the school year; or misses an examination due to an absence.
- Please arrange all routine medical and dental appointments during half term or after 2.30pm. We do understand that hospital and orthodontic appointments are subject to availability.
- Please remember to call in on each and every morning of a student’s absence (01778 422365) or text on 07860002553, please remember to state the name of the student concerned and the nature of their absence.
- If you child has a medical condition or other reason which may affect their attendance, please contact their form tutor, Transition Phase Leader or our Attendance Manager so that we can provide as much help and support as necessary.
Year 6 Transition to Bourne Academy (September 2016)
During the spring and summer terms, Mrs Scotney, Y6-7 Transition Manager along with the Year 7 team, will visit primary schools in the area to meet students and discuss the transition to secondary school. She will be accompanied by two current Year 7 students who will try to answer any questions the Year 6 students have.
You will be given a welcome pack containing information about starting at Bourne Academy at one of our New Intake Evenings, which will be held on Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th June 2016. You will be invited to one of these evenings depending on your child’s surname. All Year 6 students are then invited to Bourne Academy on our Taster Day, which will be held on Friday 1st July. Further details of these events will be sent in the post.
Frequently Asked Questions
Kingswood Residential Trip – Overstrand, Norfolk
Bourne Academy Site Map
- In Year 7 the students at Bourne Academy will learn a wide range of knowledge and skills:
Design the layout of a website
Design a poster on e-safety
Explain the difference between vector and bitmap images
Create a flow diagram on how a ride works
Design a computer game
Year 7 Kingswood Residential Trip
Year 7 Kingswood Residential Trip - Monday 9th September - Sunday 11th September 2016.