Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
The Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance programme at Bourne Academy enables our students to make a successful transition into further or higher education, apprenticeships and accredited training in employment. We offer objective and impartial advice from a range of talks, visits, activities and individual interviews.
We have a dedicated area Careers Library located in F11 for careers information, advice and guidance and all students are welcome to call in and see our Careers Lead, Mrs Barber at any time for an informal chat or make a booking for an appointment. Students are also invited to request an appointment with our independent careers adviser.
Bookings can be made via Mrs Barber: BarberL@bourneacademy.org
Frequently discussed topics include:
• Option choices in Year 8 and 9 or plans for after Year 11
• How to choose the right course and university or Intermediate and Higher Apprenticeships
• Advice and help with Work Placements (Y12)
• Taster days, Workshops and Open Days
• Ideas to enhance your Personal Statement or Curriculum Vitae
Sources of Advice
Key Stage 3
Key Stage 4
Key Stage 5
No idea about your future? Why not try our quiz? Have a look and sign yourself up.
Want some ideas about careers in subjects you love? Have a look at; https://cgc.cld.bz/Big-Names-Publication-SE