Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
The Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance programme at Bourne Academy enables our students to make a successful transition into further or higher education, apprenticeships and accredited training in employment. We offer objective and impartial advice from a range of talks, visits, activities and individual interviews.
We have a dedicated Careers Library located in F11 for careers information, advice and guidance and all students are welcome to call in and see our Careers Lead, Mrs Barber at any time for an informal chat or to make an appointment. Students are also invited to request an appointment with our independent careers adviser.
Appointments can be made by contacting Mrs Barber: BarberL@bourneacademy.org
Frequently discussed topics include:
• Option choices in Year 8 and 9 or plans for after Year 11
• How to choose the right course and university or Intermediate and Higher Apprenticeships
• Advice and help with Work Placements (Y12)
• Taster days, Workshops and Open Days
• Ideas to enhance your Personal Statement or Curriculum Vitae
Careers Event Schedule
The Careers department has the full support of the Executive Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team so as to create the best careers provision possible for our students as outlined in the calendar of events. The Executive Deputy Headteacher, with responsibility for Careers meets every week with the department to further develop activities and our careers strategy.
- Choices at Post 18
- Most Popular Job Searches
- University Information
- Oxbridge and Russell Group University Information
- Subject Specific Career Information
- Careers Curriculum Intent
- Student Destination Information
- Information for employers
- Skillsometer Quiz & Labour Market Career Comparison Tool
- Labour Market Statistical Information
- Year 12 Work Experience
- NOMIS Official Labour Market Information Bourne