Announcing Bourne Academy’s new eBook Library!
We hope that Year 7 and 8 students will enjoy having access to this great resource and will keep reading regularly as part of the Accelerated Reader scheme. Any books read on ePlatform, via the Accelerated Reader resources link, can be quizzed on in the normal way.
The setup is simple to complete. Through ePlatform you are able to browse for, borrow and read eBooks anywhere, anytime, on multiple devices.
Key points for students:
- To login you need your usual school login and password
- You access the e-books via the link https://bourneacademy.eplatform.co
- You can download the free App to your phone or login on a pc / tablet / laptop, as per the instructions you have been sent via SMHW. Please check with a parent/carer first of all. Instructions are here as well: https://bourneacademy.eplatform.co/help/apps/eplatform-app
- You can borrow up to two books at a time which are automatically returned after a fortnight, so you don’t need to worry about losing any books!
- If you return the books before that time, you can borrow again.
Notes for parents:
What do students need to be able to borrow eBooks?
- Internet access
- A compatible device to read an eBook on, (a computer, tablet or smartphone), within a modern web browser, (eg. Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, Safari etc.)
How do you check the books are suitable?
- We have set age restrictions on the books, as we do in the main school library
- There is a link for each student to check the book levels against their Accelerated Reader ZPD.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries regarding this exciting new e-library!
Ms Howard – School Librarian
How to download the app
Top tips for getting started video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xgek4lLf4g&list=PLYC0gcYvjNDcEE_CVAOjM4W2BivIUzJqy
Display and dyslexia settings video
Click links below to open the documents: