World Conker Champion
Seth crowned Conker World Champion
At the 54th Annual World Conker Championships at Southwick, Northamptonshire, Year 7 student Seth Wiltshire won the title of World Conker Champion in the Junior category.
• Conkers are provided for each game and cannot be tampered with or reused
• There must be at least 20cm (8in) of lace between knuckle and nut
• Each player takes three alternate strikes at their opponent’s conker, with a game decided once one of the conkers is smashed
• If a game lasts for more than five minutes it is halted and each player will be allowed a further nine strikes
• If neither conker is smashed, the winner is the player who hit the nut the most times during this period
Under these strict rules and awful weather Seth proved to be the best and walk away with the title! Mr Bryan congratulated Seth on his achievement and although not quite as good as a world medal Seth was one of the lucky recipients of Mr Bryan’s Friday donut treats.
Well Done Seth!